Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Live Blog Experiment part 1

Day 1

Tuesday

7:00am - My alarm blares out this annoying beeping at the top of it's lungs... after 10 minutes I finally realize that it's not in my dream. I hit the snooze button. I am suppose to get up and get ready for the day. It is the first day of Student Government election voting... but alas I fall back asleep.

11:00am - After fighting with my alarm the past 4 hours I finally get out of bed. I am very grouchy... and tired... and a little mad that I had called off work this morning to go campaign early, but yet still getting up at the time I'd be getting off work. Pretty much a pointless day so far. I kinda wonder if this is how it is on the real campaign trail. I mean sure presidential candidates don't have to get up and go to work at 7am, but do they sleep in until almost noon?

12:00pm - I have finally arrived at school and walk to my parties campaign table. Everyone has come out in full force to pass out fliers and stickers... the typical campaign swag. I am then informed that today has been going well, for the most part. There are a few election problems, people under neath the wrong school, and small things like that, but nothing that is going to ruin the election. After only a 10 minutes of campaigning, my stomach begins to growl and I decide to take a break and go grab a bite to eat at Taco Bell.

12:30pm - I show up for my class... Blog writing class.

2:00pm - After class I return to the table and resume my campaigning. Things are going good. There is a lot of support from the student body, and I am feeling really good about whole thing in general. I go to the voting booths myself to vote. After skimming through and voting for the people I think would do the best possible jobs... can't say who though... I get my "Get out of Jail" parking pass. It's the major reason why the students at FGCU actually vote in the first place. It allows them to get out of paying for a parking ticket that they receive on campus.

5:00pm - The day of campaigning has come to a close. It was a grueling day of competing for votes, but in the end I believe it was a very successful day. We had a good couple of debates the past weekend, in which I believe we won, so I think we definitely have momentum in our favor. They took an exit poll this afternoon so hopefully we will see the results in tomorrows Eagle News paper.

No comments: