Monday, March 10, 2008

Arch-Enemies are Real!

I believe in God, and Jesus. I believe in Ghosts and Aliens. I even believe in Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. I believe in love at first sight and soul mates. But I believe in Archenemies the most. Not the kind with super powers who are always out to kill you, but never succeed because they put you in these easily escapable situations, but more on the complete opposites wave length. I believe that every person has an arch-enemy out there. Someone who shares a common thing with you, like a quest, a belief, or even an ability of some sort. But you are completely different in every way. I'm getting ready to get uber nerdy but an example would be Professor X. In Marvel Comics Prof. X is the leader of the Xmen. His archenemy is Magneto. Both men fight for mutant rights, but go about it different ways. That’s where their similarities end. They were old friends, but both have different powers. One reads minds while the other manipulates metal, one is in a wheel chair while the other can kind fly. One has hair while the other is bald... get the point?

I believe this is true in the real world also... but not the weird powers thing, which would be way awesome! But a completely different blog topic. I would've been a skeptic on this whole issue except that I believe I found my arch-enemy. While I can actually say who he is, for safety issues... I fear he might try to hunt me down and destroy me, since that’s what they do in the comics, I can talk about some of the reasons why we are opposites. He is tall and skinny, I am kind of short and kind of plump... ok fat... fine I said it! He is kind of nerdy... I am kind of cool... well I think I am anyway. Ummm... he has little to no sense of humor, I am one of the funniest guys I know. He is kind of closed off and quite, where as I am loud and sometime obnoxious! That’s where I know if this was the comics, he'd be the bad guy. Because the bad guys are usually the quite ones, always stewing and waiting for the right time to strike. Ok, that’s pretty much all I can say without giving to much information.

The thing that makes someone your arch-enemy over just an enemy, is a mutual respect for one another, meaning neither person would publicly expose the other as their enemy. An enemy is some you hate, while an arch-enemy doesn't have to be hated. You can like your arch-enemy, you can even get along with them, but if things ever boiled down to it, you would butt heads and argue of your differences. They are the Lex Luthor to your Superman, the Joker to you Batman, the Darth Vader to your Obi Wan, the Republican to your Democrat... or reversed, the Sweet N Low to your Sugar, they are your arch-enemy and you should look over your shoulder because they might be watching you.

No comments: